Sunday, January 15, 2012

AN ARCHITECT PHOTOGRAPHED MY UNDIES

















I met this magical lady in Hobart town some years ago, I don't even know exactly how it happened, one day I didn't know who she was, the next I met her, then boom! she was instantly one of my most treasured friends.

Bianca Milani is a sunny faced beauty who sprinkles love everywhere she goes, there is no such thing as strangers, her arms are always wiiiiide open. I've watched Milani on countless occasions biting her fingernails while racking every corner of her brain to come up with creative ways to get rich (or just pay rent on time). One of these fantastic ideas was to flexi-rent a Nikon DSLR camera from Harvey Norman, (she sold the complimentary 'wii' console, and spent a day playing keno with the profits...which she lost.) Now I don't know if she realised exactly what this camera meant at the time, but soon after AN ARCHITECT PHOTOGRAPHED MY UNDIES was born.
Two years ago, Bianca and I moved to Melbourne where I studied my second degree, and Milani became a photography celebrity. She started out taking party photos which enabled her to network like a mad woman, running around the city nightclubs handing out hundreds of business cards which were a link to later find their boozy portraits on facebook. As time passed Milani started landing bigger and better gigs, festivals, fashion shoots, published look books, you name it. She does it.

As I mentioned earlier Milani has a way with welcoming people into her life, and if you look though her large bodies of work you can see how Milani translates the beauty, playfulness, and freedom she sees in everyone around her. It makes me melt.

SEE MORE HERE


All photography: Bianca Milani (An Architect Photographed My Undies)
Words: Cherrie Eisemann

No comments:

Post a Comment